Our Career Services office serves two groups:
For more information, please click on the gold bar for the group of interest below.
Job Services for Students & Alumni
- The Career Services / Job Placement Offices in Room 190F (inside the Student Success Center) is staffed by Employment Counselor on Tuesdays from 12:30 to 2:30 pm and on Thursdays from 8:30 am 4:30 pm. They are available to assist students with developing resumes, cover letters, preparing for interviews, and other job search activities. To request this assistance, call 763-576-7780 or email. Appointments are preferred, but efforts will be made to accommodate walk-ins.
- Job leads, internship opportunities, and work study openings can be found at College Central.
- Students can download resumes to this site for viewing by employers, and also access many helpful articles, videos and tips on effective job seeking. Students/alumni need to create an account to use the resources available on this site. To search for work study (student worker) jobs, type in "SW-ATC" for company name.
- Graduate Survey
All Anoka Technical College graduates will receive a survey with their award and will be asked to complete a short Graduate Follow-up Survey within one year of graduation. Data collected is regarding employment and further education.
- Watch TV monitors and online calendars for information about employer events/visits on the Anoka Tech campus.
Job Services for Employers
Job Fair Update
Anoka County Career Fair
Our next career fair will be in February 2019. Please watch for details this fall.
Employer of the Day
Since last year, our Employer of the Day program has grown. We have more employers setting up tables to meet with our students whom are setting up interviews and completing applications on the spot. There have been many students hired because of this program.
Employers can schedule a time to recruit Anoka Technical College students on campus on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays between 9 am to 3 pm. A table will be provided near the cafeteria (or designated space) to allow employers to interact with our students.
Two weeks advance notice is preferred but accommodations can be made.
Sign up to host a table at Anoka Tech, and include in your request:
- preferred date and time
- a brief description of the job(s)
- what career programs you might be targeting at Anoka Technical College
College Central is designed for employers to inform our students and alumni about current job openings within their organization by posting that information to College Central. This is a free service to our employers.
All jobs postings go through a screening/approval process before being available for viewing by students.
Questions about College Central? Email or call Mary Allenson 763-576-4094, I would love to assist you.
All job postings are listed in College Central. Students need to be registered before attempting to utilize any tools in College Central. To search for student worker jobs, type in Company Name "SW-ATC".
Job Services for Faculty
Classroom presentations and workshop
Faculty may request a class or club visit. The Job Placement Coordinator will create a presentation focused towards the interest of the group.
Job Openings will be forwarded to Program Directors
Job leads appropriate to individual programs will be provided to instructors to disseminate to students and alumni. Please engage your students to register at College Central to see the many jobs that I post daily.
Online Employment Resources
www.CollegeCentral.com/anokatech - Anoka Technical students and alumni have access to employment-seeking resources; documents, podcasts, resume and portfolio format, and JOBS. Employers register and post jobs for free!
www.MinnesotaWorks.net – The best Minnesota job board. Free for job seekers and employers to use because Minnesota Employer’s Unemployment Tax dollars support it.
www.iseek.org – Explore Careers, Plan Your Education, Find A Job, site is maintained by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
www.LinkedIn.com – Use professional social networking to stay current in your profession and develop professional contacts in your field. The mission, “Connect the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. When you join LinkedIn, you get access to people, jobs, news, updates, and insights that help you be great at what you do.”
www.gpslifeplan.org/workforce - The GPS LifePlan can help you set goals and design plans that will lead you to the success you desire.
www.mn.gov/deed – Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development website; resources for job seekers, employers, business, local government.
www.JobHuntersBible.com – Richard Bolles’ (author/job-search leader) official site for "What Color is Your Parachute?"
www.glassdoor.com - Glassdoor is your free inside look at jobs and companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions -- all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.