Placement Based On ACT Scores/Prior Credits
Access your ACT account - view your ACT scores, request an official transcript
Qualifying ACT sub-scores
- Students that demonstrate readiness to succeed in college with qualifying ACT sub-scores will not be required to take all or part of Accuplacer. Exemption is based on documentation of sub-test scores equal to or above the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) system-endorsed minimum:
- Reading sub-test score of 21 or higher, earned within the past three calendar years.
- English sub-test score of 18 or higher, earned with the past three calendar years.
- Mathematics sub-test score of 22 or higher, earned with the past two calendar years.
ACT sub-scores at these levels may facilitate registration into college-level courses that have prerequisites based on correlating Accuplacer scores. Refer to your selected program plan
for details about your program and course requirements.
If you have not already requested that your ACT test results be sent to Anoka Technical College, you will need to submit an official copy to Anoka Technical College, Attn: Records, 1355 W Highway 10, Anoka, MN 55303.
- If you have completed a college-level math or English course at another college, or hold an Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. institution of higher learning, please send an official copy of your transcript to the Records office to be reviewed for possible waiver from all or parts of Accuplacer.
- If you have previously attended a Minnesota State College or University (MnSCU) institution, Anoka Tech can retrieve your transcript free of charge.
- If you have attended a non-MnSCU institution, send a transcript to us at: Anoka Technical College, Attn: Records, 1355 W Highway 10, Anoka, MN 55303.
Exception - Students applying for the following programs cannot be exempt from taking ACCUPLACER based on previous coursework from other institutions or ACT sub scores: Occupational Therapy Assistant, Practical Nursing.
Prepare for Accuplacer
Accuplacer Test Schedule
Closed for training
April 11 and April 25
. The Testing Center will be closed these days.
Spring Semester 2017
Accuplacer Walk-in Test Schedule Jan. 17 - May 12
Students may sign-in on a walk-in basis anytime between 8 am and 2 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. The room closes at 3:30 pm.
Policy 3.2 Children in Classrooms
- The Testing Center is located in Room 103, near the main entrance to the college.
- You will be required to show a current Photo ID.
- Calculators are not permitted. Scratch paper and pencil are provided.
- Most students finish in 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Results are immediate and help students select courses.
- Children are not permitted in the Testing Center and must not be left unattended.
How to obtain a Minnesota ID card - Find DVS Office Locations
Test from another MN STATE campus
Students that cannot travel to Anoka Tech to take their Accuplacer have the option to test from a Minnesota State system campus closer to their current location. Follow the steps below to find the nearest campus and get scheduling instructions:
- Find a Remote Testing Center.
- Send an email to Anoka Tech to request a Remote Test Voucher. Let us know which campus you wish to test from.
- Check your email for the Remote Test Voucher. Read important remote test site information and follow instructions on how to schedule your test. Print the voucher and bring it with you when you test.
Test results will be available to you immediately following your test. There's no need to send a copy to us, we can view your results on our testing site.
Questions? Please email Testing Center staff or call us at 763-576-7830.
Test from an Out-of-State Location
Students who wish to test for Anoka Tech from an out-of-state location may do so by locating an approved proctor from a Testing Center closer to their current location. If a proctor fee is required, students are responsible for payment.
- Find a Remote Testing Center
Email Testing Center staff or call us at 763-576-7830 to request assistance to find a remote testing center near your current location.
- Check your email
If there is a testing location near you within the remote network, staff will issue a Remote Test Voucher to your email account. Read important remote test site information and follow instructions on how to schedule your test.
- Take your test
Print the voucher and bring it with you to the remote test site. Test results will be available to you immediately following your test. There's no need to send a copy to us, we can view your results on our testing site.
Students that are not satisfied with their placements may retest only once (per test section) within twelve (12) months of the first testing date. There is a $10 retest fee for each retest attempt. Students are strongly encouraged to review before retesting. There is no waiting period prior to retesting, with the exception of students retesting to meet federal Ability to Benefit guidelines.
Get Copy of Test Results
View your test results
View test results for all Accuplacer tests you have taken within the Minnesota State system.
Log in to eServices > Grades & Transcripts > Interactive Degree Audit Report
Send your scores to another institution
MN State - Accuplacer assessment data is auto-loaded to the MN State system database therefore your test results are already visible to other system campuses.
All Other - Print, complete and return the Request for Accuplacer Score Report form per the instructions noted on the form. Your scores will be released within seven working days.
Practice first - test immediately following Accuplacer, or during posted Accuplacer testing hours
The Basic Computer Keyboarding (BCK) test-out is a means to satisfy the prerequisite for courses that require typing proficiency for success.
Students that do not pass will register for ADSC 1003 Introduction to Keyboarding and Speedbuilding, a two-credit keyboarding course designed to help students develop basic keyboarding techniques.
| Net Words a Minute (NWAM)
| Resulting Course Placement
| 0-24 NWAM with less than 93% accuracy rate
| ADSC1003 Intro to Keyboarding and Speedbuilding
| 25-25+ NWAM with 93% or higher accuracy rate
| Course prerequisite has been satisfied
The test-out is routinely administered to students in the programs listed below, immediately following Accuplacer:
- Accounting AAS
- Bookkeeper CERT
- Judicial Reporting AAS
- Medical Assistant AAS
- Payroll Accounting CERT
- Scoping/Proofreading CERT
- Tax Preparer CERT
The walk-in testing schedule is posted under the gold ACCUPLACER TEST SCHEDULE header.
Students are strongly encouraged to practice their typing skills before sitting for the keyboarding test-out. Test before attending Orientation to facilitate the registration process.
The test-out must be taken in one sitting which includes unlimited practice tests and three timed trials. The timed trials include one test and two retests that are needed only if the first timed test is not passed. Timed trials are three minutes in duration.