Minnesota State offers a tuition waiver benefit to most employees based on criteria set in the collective bargaining agreements and personnel plans.
Each of the collective bargaining agreements specify:
- Employee and dependent eligibility
- The number of credits allowed
- Fees that may be waived
- The academic year the waiver may be used
- Where the credits can be earned.
To take advantage of the tuition waiver benefits, employees must register in the Minnesota State tuition waiver system. Anoka Technical College employees use this link to login to the Minnesota State Tuition Waiver on-line system. Use your Star ID number as your user number. Use the quick guide for directions on how to navigate the online Minnesota State tuition waiver system.
Taking Classes at other Minnesota State colleges?
- Register in the Minnesota State tuition waiver system.
- Submit a request for purchase to your supervisor prior to the first day of class.
The PO must include:
- Employee's Name
- Employee's Tech ID#
- Student's Name
- Semester start and end dates
- Course name, course number and credit load
- Total amount for payable tuition
- Total amount for payable fees