Best Practices Conference
Clarity. Direction. Confidence.™
The Best Practices™ Conference is designed to help small-to-medium sized Minnesota businesses succeed. The content addresses common business needs by:
- Identifying the best practices among Minnesota business owners, executives and managers, and then sharing them in a series of educational events
- Providing a "one-stop" source of methods to help businesses prepare for current and future challenges
- Empowering organizations to unlock the full potential of the people and resources they already have
- Easing the pain of change — and reducing the natural tendency to resist necessary changes
- Creating a friendly network of business leaders who are focused on solving day-to-day business challenges and building on success
Through the Best Practices™ Conference, we deliver:
Brought to you by the business coalition of: Anoka-Ramsey Community College
- Clarity that replaces confusion
- Direction that replaces hesitation or aimlessness
- Confidence created by the use of proven best practices that help Minnesota businesses succeed in today’s business environment.
, Platinum Group
and The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
Tuesday, October 20, 2016
7:30 to 11:30 AM (First session starts at 8 AM)
Anoka-Ramsey Community College
11200 Mississippi Blvd. NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Or Attend the Conference Online!
COST: $89 for the three sessions
The Workplace of the Future – The Millennial Worker
Managers and organizational leaders are facing the challenge of managing a workforce that will potentially span four generations. Effective managers and leaders will need to understand their own generational experiences as well as those of the other generational cohorts in their workplace. Effective leaders for the workplace of the future will have to know how to forecast and plan for the impending talent gap. This session will provide strategies to diffuse generational tensions as well as offer suggestions on how to create a generationally friendly workplace.
TIME: 8:00 to 8:45 AM
Defined Contribution Health Plans – Quality, Affordable Care at Predictable Costs
Defined contribution health plans are an opportunity for workers and employers alike. Workers establish a means of paying for co-payments and deductibles throughout their work life. Employers make the cost of their health care plan predictable and affordable. The key to realizing both benefits is in creating the plan and providing the tools so that all participants can shop with relative ease for the best value plan and care. This session will provide a step-by-step recipe for establishing a defined contribution plan and providing the tools necessary to make it effective and welcomed by all constituents.
TIME: 9:15 to 10:00 AM
Banks Are Not the Only Source of New Money for Your Business
When a business is in a growth cycle, there is often the need for additional cash to fund any number of activities – from payroll to marketing to product development – cash is the fuel for growth. What is confusing to many business owners are the myriad of funding options for growing businesses. From factoring to private equity to bank loans to selling stock to investors, there is often a right way to help your business fund its growth. In this session, Bill English, M.A., M.DIV., L.P., CPBPM, from The Platinum Group, will go over the various business funding sources and talk about when each funding source should be used and when it should be avoided. Best practices on funding a growing business will be presented. If your business is growing and needs new sources of cash from $50,000 to $5,000,000, or more, and you don’t understand what your options are, then this session is for you.
TIME: 10:30 to 11:15 AM
Professional & Workforce Training
Director Mfg Technology & Medical Device