We are glad to see you are interested in Generals. A visit with Enrollment Services is a great way to get your questions answered. Attend a Tuesday virtual information session or schedule a one-on-one video chat appointment today.
Info Session RSVP
Anoka Technical College offers select general education courses to help prepare students for employment in their programs.
Courses are offered every semester and summers. Many offer online or partially online sections in addition to classroom instruction.
Some general education courses are approved as part of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) and are intended to be accepted at other institutions within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
Currently Offered General Education
- Biology Science courses supporting the health programs, open to all students.
- Computer Technology courses introducing concepts and providing skills for personal and occupational computer use.
- English Composition and business-writing courses suitable for all programs.
- Mathematics general and applied mathematical courses for students in every program.
- Psychology general and narrower courses to help students understand cognitive and behavioral processes.
- Sociology courses offer students understanding of social structure, roles, and how we function in groups.
- Speech Communication courses for personal and occupational growth.
To see how this may transfer into other Anoka Technical College program or into another college, please visit: