D2L Brightspace is an online learning environment that is used for students enrolled in seated, hybrid, and online courses. Many faculty in face-to-face and web-enhanced courses use D2L Brightspace to provide course materials to their students online. D2L Brightspace provides many tools for teaching and learning in the classroom and online.
D2L Brightspace System Status
If D2L Brightspace becomes unavailable, check the D2L Brightspace system status page. This page will indicate any issues with the system and when the system will be back online and fully operational.
- Short Message Service (SMS) – Text Messaging In addition to receiving email notifications about course activity in D2L Brightspace, you can receive text messages. Follow the directions to receive text message notifications through your mobile device. [pdf instructions] [Microsoft Word instructions]
- Confusion with Discussion Posts Appearing as Read/Unread Watch this video to see how auto mark works and how you can choose the setting you prefer for this feature.
Using D2L Brightspace for the First Time
Anoka Tech & Anoka-Ramsey students
will be able to log in into D2L Brightspace 55 days before the semester starts but not access their courses until the course start date (unless otherwise specified by the instructor) AND once the instructor makes the course active. Depending on what time of the day you register for classes, you will not see your D2L Brightspace courses until the daily integration has run. See daily integration schedule below:
Morning Integration Run (7 days a week)
- 10 AM: Deadline for student enrollments for morning integration run
- 11 AM: XML processing begins and expected to be completed within two hours
- 1 PM: D2L Brightspace access available for students who registered in eServices prior to 10 AM
Afternoon Integration Run (7 days a week)
- 3 PM: Deadline for student enrollments for afternoon integration run
- 4 PM: XML processing begins and expected to be completed within two hours
- 6 PM: D2L Brightspace access available for students who registered in eServices prior to 3 PM
Nightly Integration Run (7 days a week)
- 10 PM: Deadline for student enrollments for overnight integration run
- 11 PM: XML processing begins and expected to be completed within two hours
- 1 AM: D2L Brightspace access available for students who registered in eServices prior to 10 PM
For Anoka-Ramsey students only
SmarterMeasure will let you know where you’re ready and where you’re not—plus offer resources to help! Spend approximately 30 minutes completing the assessment. Upon completion, print a customized report that addresses your strengths and areas for improvements. Use the report for advising and planning sessions.
Email D2LHelpDesk@anokaramsey.edu for username and password for SmarterMeasure.
Attend D2L Brightspace Training
Training includes an overview of the most common used tools in D2L Brightspace. Training sessions are held at the beginning of each semester. Registration is NOT required to attend.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College - Cambridge Campus
Monday, January 9, 2017 from 4:00-5:00 PM in F205
Anoka-Ramsey Community College - Coon Rapids Campus
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 from 5:00-6:00 PM in T210
Anoka Technical College
Wednesday, January 11, 2017 from 4:00-5:00 PM in Lab 134