Training sessions are held at the beginning of each semester. Registration is NOT required to attend a training session.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College - Cambridge Campus
Monday, January 9, 2017 from 4:00-5:00 PM in F205
Anoka-Ramsey Community College - Coon Rapids Campus
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 from 5:00-6:00 PM in T210
Anoka Technical College
Wednesday, January 11, 2017 from 4:00-5:00 PM in Lab 134
Using D2L Brightspace for the First Time
- Activate your free student email account.
Anoka Tech Email | Anoka-Ramsey Email
- Perform a D2L Brightspace system check to be sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements for accessing D2L Brightspace. Some courses may require that you install additional plug-ins.
Anoka Tech Check | Anoka-Ramsey Check
- To login to Anoka Tech D2L Brightspace or Anoka-Ramsey D2L Brightspace, your username is your StarID. Your password is your StarID password.
- For StarID help, go to starid.mnscu.edu.
Anoka Tech Students will be able to login into D2L Brightspace 55 days before the semester starts, but not access their courses until the first date of the semester. It will take one business day for your courses to be available in D2L Brightspace after you register for classes.
Anoka-Ramsey Students will be able to login to D2L Brightspace 55 days before the semester starts but not access their courses until the first day of the semester unless otherwise specified by the instructor. Students will not be able to see their D2L Brightspace courses listed until the instructor makes their courses active.
If you previously attended Anoka-Ramsey Community College and your last class was prior to Spring 2013, you will continue to use your TechID until you register for a current semester course.
Depending on what time of the day you register for classes, you will not see your D2L Brightspace courses until the daily integration has run. See daily integration schedule below:
Morning Integration Run (7 days a week)
- 10 am: Deadline for student enrollments for morning integration run
- 11 am: XML processing begins and expected to be completed within two hours
- 1 pm: D2L Brightspace access available for students who registered in eServices prior to 10 am
Afternoon Integration Run (7 days a week)
- 3 pm: Deadline for student enrollments for afternoon integration run
- 4 pm: XML processing begins and expected to be completed within two hours
- 6 pm: D2L Brightspace access available for students who registered in eServices prior to 3 pm
Nightly Integration Run (7 days a week)
Will continue to run as it does today without change.
- 10 pm: Deadline for student enrollments for overnight integration run
- 11 pm: XML processing begins and expected to be completed within two hours
- 1 am: D2L Brightspace access available for students who registered in eServices prior to 10 pm
For Anoka-Ramsey students only
SmarterMeasure will let you know where you’re ready and where you’re not—plus offer resources to help! Spend approximately 30 minutes completing the assessment. Upon completion, print a customized report that addresses your strengths and areas for improvements. Use the report for advising and planning sessions.
Email D2LHelpDesk@anokaramsey.edu for username and password for SmarterMeasure.