Provide innovative career and technical education to help our students and communities live and learn well.
A vital student-and community-focused institution, providing the finest career and technical education in Minnesota.
Anoka Technical College is committed to creating a positive, supportive
environment and welcomes a diversity of opinions and ideas for students,
faculty and staff. The college will not tolerate racism, harassment, or any
derogatory remarks about a student’s race, sexual orientation, religion, class,
gender or physical limitations. The college believes the best and most
effective learning environment for tomorrow’s leaders is in a multicultural
Anoka Technical College is dedicated to helping every learner acquire the essential knowledge, skills and attitudes to be successful.
Anoka Tech recognizes that ethical behavior creates an effective learning environment and helps the students and the institution accomplish their goals.
The college defines integrity as the responsibility to deliver education and services as promised.
Equitable treatment of all people involved with the college is fundamental to the integrity of Anoka Technical College.
- Mutual respect for all, regardless of roles and responsibilities
- Open and free exchange of information relative to individual roles and responsibilities
- Non-discriminatory practices regarding the admission and retention of students and the hiring and retention of college employees
- Commitment to a student-centered program of studies
- Commitment to on-going professional growth and development for faculty and staff
- Honest and truthful communication regarding the College’s programs, policies and practices.
As a part of the Minnesota State system, Anoka Technical College receives funding via the legislative request submitted by Minnesota State.
Minnesota State is the fifth largest system of colleges and universities in the nation with 30 state colleges and universities across the state that serve as an essential resource to students, business, and industry.
In addition to requesting its operating budget, Minnesota State is requesting $178 million in new funding for fiscal years 2018 and 2019.
FY2018-FY2019 Minnesota State Legislative Request
$178 million in new funding over the next biennium
- $143 million to support and protect campuses like Anoka Technical College
- $25 million for critical technology replacements impacting Anoka Technical College
- $10 million for student incentive grants
To see the Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Budget Request, click here.
To see the complete Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Legislative Request book, click here.
Impact of the Minnesota State Legislative Request to Anoka Technical College
- Anoka Technical College will receive $6 million of the $143 million supporting and protecting campuses, and an estimated 309 students will be supported by the funding for incentive grants
- A fully funded request will allow us to
- Maintain student tutors, counselors, and advisors who help close the achievement gap for underrepresented students and assist all students in reaching their potential.
- Reinvest in classrooms and labs to reflect current industry trends to maintain student preparedness and job placement.
- Not fully funded request will cause us to
- Delay the launch of strategic enrollment management initiatives and limit enrollment services.
- Downsize academic offerings that will directly impact responsiveness to industry and student workforce success.
- Suspend work on key strategic planning initiatives.
To learn more about the impact of the Minnesota State legislative request to Anoka Technical College, click here.
2017 Anoka Technical College Capital Request
Should any portion of the Minnesota State capital request be funded, Anoka Technical College is included for:
- $4 million in asset preservation (HEAPR)
Extraordinary Reasons to #FUNDMINNESOTASTATE and Anoka Technical College
- Anoka Technical College is one of 37 state colleges and universities that are part of the Minnesota State system.
- The colleges and universities that make up Minnesota State are home to 54 campuses, 2 of which belong to Anoka Technical College
- Minnesota State serves 396,000 students annually, and Anoka Technical College serves more than 2,700 of those students.
- Minnesota State serves more students of color, first generation college students, and low-income students, including the 21% of Anoka Technical College students who are students of color and the 41% who are Pell eligible.
- Anoka Technical College partners with Anoka-Hennepin School District, Graco USA and Allina Health Systems in an effort to make sure we offer the right programs, in the right places, turning out the right number of graduates who are prepared with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in the jobs of the future.
- We award more than 1,170 degrees, diplomas, and certificates annually.
- Our annual economic impact to our region is $78 million.
- Maintained job placement rate of 90+ percent; several programs job placement rate of 100 percent
- $2.1 Million bonding project completed in Automotive and Manufacturing program areas to enhance teaching and learning
See the Minnesota State Extraordinary Facts sheet by clicking here.
Learn More About the Legislative Session and its Impact on Anoka Technical College: