Anoka-Ramsey Community College is nestled on the scenic banks of the Mississippi River on the western edge of Coon Rapids, twenty miles north of the Twin Cities, and just one mile from the City of Anoka. The 101.5 acre campus is a suburban campus and primarily serves the northern metropolitan Twin Cities area. The Coon Rapids campus offers more than 50 different career programs and several degree options are available.
Highlights of the Coon Rapids Campus:
- Facility Size: 453,572 Square Feet
- Largest enrolled programs and demographic expectations for future enrollment: Business, Nursing, Science, Art, Music
- Energy efficiency concerns, The Coon Rapids campus is planning a Guaranteed Energy Saving Program project to address energy efficiency concerns. The Campus anticipates the release of a site specific request for proposals to select a GESP contractor during the summer of 2014.|
- Projects currently under construction, design, predesign:
- The Campus is currently preparing a pre-design for a new capital project. The project will include demolition of the existing Business Nursing (BN) building. The BN building which was constructed in 1972 has major facility issues. The building will be removed and replaced with new more flexible and energy efficient buildings. A major focus of the new project will be creating a new visible front entry for the Campus. The lack of a front entry has been a major issue and is one of the main student complaints about the campus.
- The Campus has been awarded a Renewable Development Funds grant from XCEL Energy for the development of a 478 KW photovoltaic array. The project will include both roof mount and ground mount arrays.
Four Year Degrees are available in the following programs: Business Administration (Bachelor of Science) through Metropolitan State University
- Nursing (Bachelor of Science) through Metropolitan State University
- Fast Track to license for Teaching Secondary Students through Bemidji State University
- Teacher K-8 Licensure through Bemidji State University
The college campus does not have facilities for on-campus housing