Anoka Tech Planning and Construction
The Anoka Technical College Campus is located in the historic river city of Anoka along US Highway 10 and is located about two miles northwest of downtown Anoka. The 23.4 acre campus primarily serves the northwest metro area. Anoka Technical offers more than 30 different career programs and several degree options are available.
Highlights of Anoka Technical College:
- Facility Size: 324,055 SF
- Largest enrolled programs: Health & Human Services, Engineering Technology, Manufacturing and Construction
- Facilities condition issues, program development, space utilization redefined: The facility has numerous deferred maintenance issues that will need to be addressed in the near future. The Campus completed a Facility HVAC study in 2012. This study identified the need for mechanical upgrades of approximately $3.5 Million. The Campus also has a TPO Roof that is approaching the end of anticipated service life.
- Energy efficiency concerns, sustainability, B3: The campus completed a Facility Study in 2012 to document the condition of heating, air conditioning, ventilation, temperature controls and electrical systems on the campus. The study identified significant issues that needed to be addressed. The campus has used the study as the basis for HEAPR funding requests.
- Projects currently under construction, design, predesign: The Campus is preparing a predesign for updating the Medical Assistants Program space. The campus completed a predesign for updating space for Machine Trades and Automotive in 2013. This predesign was not funded.
- The college does not have facilities for on-campus housing.
Click here to view the ATC Facilities Master Plan 060811.
*The 2015 Facilities Master Planning is currently in process. The goal is to complete the updated Plan by the end of 2015.
HEAPR funds were included in the 2014 Bonding Bill for additional air handler upgrades. Work will be done during the summer of 2015.