Anoka Technical College students may be eligible for grants listed here. Grants are a form of financial aid that does not have to be repaid. They can be provided by the federal government, the state of Minnesota, private organizations or non profit organizations. Students must complete the  Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application to be considered for a grant.

Almost all federal grants and state grants are awarded to students with financial need. Most grants also require students to main satisfactory academic progress.

  • Other applications may be required
  • Grants may reduce your eligibility for other financial aid
  • Students who plan to attend summer session may also be eligible for grants
  • Most grants require students to maintain satisfactory academic progress

As you search for gift aid, don't forget to research the wide array of scholarships available from different agencies, companies, civic organizations and individuals who support higher education. Many students leave Anoka Tech nearly debt-free thanks to college scholarships.

Pell Grant

Federal Pell Grant funds are available throughout the year.

Grant funds are gift aid.

Aid is made available to eligible undergraduate students who are enrolled in three (3) credits or more.

Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant

The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is awarded to a limited number of eligible students

As mandated by federal guidelines, FSEOG awards are awarded to students who are eligible for a Federal Pell Grant.

Each institution has limited funding in FSEOG.

MN GI Bill

The Minnesota GI Bill program provides postsecondary financial assistance to eligible Minnesota veterans and service members who have served in the U.S. Military and to the children and spouses of deceased or severely disabled eligible Minnesota veterans and service members who have served in the U.S. Military.

An applicant must: be a veteran who is serving or has served honorably in any branch of the U.S. armed forces at any time; or a non-veteran who has served honorably for a total of five years or more cumulatively as a member of the Minnesota National Guard or any other active or reserve component of the U.S. armed forces, and or a surviving spouse or dependent of a person who has served in the military at any time, and who has died or has a total and permanent disability as a direct result of that military service.

The student must also:

  • be a Minnesota resident;
  • apply for the Minnesota GI Bill benefits before the last day of the term for which benefits are requested;
  • be less than 62 years old before the beginning of the term for which benefits are requested;
  • be current on child support obligations, if applicable;
  • be enrolled in an eligible MN post-secondary institution in a certificate, diploma or degree program;
  • be making satisfactory academic progress in his or her academic program. 

MN State Grant

The Minnesota Office of Higher Education annually awards Minnesota State Grant to eligible Minnesota residents.

Students must submit their FAFSA application to the federal processors no later than 30 days after the start date of the first term for which they are applying.

Eligibility for the Minnesota State Grant program is exhausted after a student has reached the equivalency of four (4) years of full-time enrollment. 

MN Child Care Grant

The Child Care Grant program provides financial assistance to students who have children 12 and under, are not receiving assistance under the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), and who demonstrate financial need for grants, to help pay for childcare while pursuing a postsecondary education. Funds are limited and awarded on a first-come basis.

  • meet state residency requirements. Minnesota residents.
  • not be recipients of MFIP.
  • be enrolled 1-12 credits or more per term.
  • Has not received childcare grant funds for a period of ten semesters or the equivalent. Students who have withdrawn for active military service after December 31, 2002, are given an extra term of eligibility.
  • be making satisfactory progress.
  • not be receiving tuition reciprocity benefits from another state.
  • be pursuing a nonsectarian program or course of study that applies to an undergraduate or graduate degree, diploma, or certificate.

The award is based upon the EFC of the applicant and the number of eligible children within the family who need childcare, and the applicant’s level of enrollment.

The maximum award amount is $6,500 per eligible child per academic year.  The amount of the award cannot exceed 40 hours of childcare per week per eligible child.  The institution may increase the amount shown on the maximum award chart by 10 percent for infant care in certain counties.  

To apply, please visit Financial Aid Forms and complete an application for the appropriate academic year. 

MN Future Together Grant

This program is designed to provide eligible Minnesota residents a tuition-free pathway for earning a certificate, diploma, associate’s degree, and bachelor’s degree in high-need careers. Funding comes from the State of Minnesota and is awarded to eligible students after grants and scholarships have been paid.

You must be enrolled as a degree-seeking student in a program that leads to a career in one of the following high-need areas:

  • Healthcare: High-need programs on your campus may include nursing, medical assisting, surgical technicians, healthcare social workers, EMTs, paramedics, dental assistants, dental hygienists, and substance abuse and mental health counselors.
  • STEM: High-need programs on your campus may include software development, software analysts, engineers, web developers, statisticians, and agricultural workers.
  • Business: High-need programs on your campus may include accounting, financial management, auditors, human resource managers, bankers, and project managers.
  • Industry and Technology: High-need programs on your campus may include machine tool technologists, operations managers, HVAC technicians, front line supervisors, plumbers, construction managers, electricians/electrical line workers, heavy duty mechanics, welders, automotive service technicians, and auto body technicians.
  • Education: High-need programs on your campus may include early childhood educators, childcare workers, school counselors and social workers
  • Public service: High-need programs on your campus may include law enforcement officers, probation officers, firefighters, and public administration

You must meet ONE of the following requirements:

  • Have a Family AGI* reported on FAFSA or State Aid Application of less than $100,000 and have worked in a critical industry listed in Executive Order 20-74 at least part-time between March 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021; OR received unemployment benefits between March 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021
  • Have a Family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)* reported on FAFSA or MN Dream Act Application of less than $50,000

*Family AGI for a dependent student includes parent and student AGI and for an independent student it includes student and spouse AGI.

Other Eligibility Criteria:

  • You first enrolled during the 2021-22 or 2022-23 school year OR you are returning to college and have not been enrolled at any college in the last three semesters
  • Meet the Minnesota residency criteria
  • Not have already earned a baccalaureate degree
  • Not in default on a state or federal student loan
  • Not on SAP/FA Suspension

Student eligibility for the grant will be determined every semester. You will need to fill out the FAFSA each year. A student who receives a grant one semester is not guaranteed to receive funding for the next semester. Eligibility is subject to the availability of funds and any changes in your enrollment, FAFSA, or other financial aid may change the amount you receive each semester.

For more details, please visit

If you are eligible for a Minnesota Future Together Grant, your college will contact you with an award amount or additional questions to determine your eligibility.

If you do not receive a communication from your financial aid office but believe that you are eligible for the spring term, please send us an email at


Financial Aid