Paramedic and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) programs offer information sessions
The Anoka Technical College Emergency Medical Services (EMS) certificate and Paramedic Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree programs are offering information sessions to help prospective students and the community better understand what it takes to become an emergency services technician and a paramedic.
Information sessions will be held:
- Friday, Feb. 7, 2020, EMS, noon; Paramedic, 1 pm
- Monday, March 9, 2020, EMS, 2 pm; Paramedic, 3 pm
- Friday, April 3, 2020, EMS, noon; Paramedic, 1 pm
- Monday, May 11, 2020, EMS, 4 pm; Paramedic, 5 pm
The EMS program at Anoka Tech offers two certificates:
To earn the first certificate, students complete nine credits in one semester. This certificate is especially geared toward public safety providers and people new to the field of emergency medical services.
The second certificate builds on to the initial nine credits with an additional 11 credit semester. This certificate is intended for those who want to work as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), advance their level of education as an EMT or transfer into a more comprehensive program with one of Anoka Tech’s Metro Paramedic Partners including Century College, Inver Hills Community College and St. Cloud Technical & Community College.
Successful completion of both Anoka Tech’s Emergency Medical Services (EMS) certificates:
- Prepares graduates to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician computer-based exam.
- Registers the graduates with the American Heart Association for the Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider card.
- Prepares graduates to take the State of Minnesota skills test for Emergency Medical Technician professionals.
- Prepares graduates for the Paramedic degree program.
The 60-credit Paramedic degree program at Anoka Technical College prepares graduates to be able to successfully complete the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) cognitive and psychomotor exams and be competent entry-level employees.
For more information about the Paramedic and EMS programs or the sessions, visit AnokaTech.edu/ProgramsCourses/HealthScienceTech/ParamedicEmergencyMedicalServices.
Read More News