Anoka Tech to host Fall Festival and Car Show
Anoka Technical College is hosting a its first annual Fall Festival and Car Show to bring members of the community, local employer partners, and college staff and faculty together.
The free event will be held on the Anoka Tech campus Saturday, Oct. 2 from 3 to 6 pm. Open to all ages, the event will feature:
- car show
- food trucks
- campus tours highlighting the hands-on lab areas of the college’s Welding, Machine Trades, Automotive, Judicial Reporting, Electronics Engineering, Nursing, Surgical Technology programs and more
- local employer booths
- career path and program information
"Anoka Tech is actively looking for avenues to increase engagement with our community,” said Christa Hayes, director of student support and K-12 partnerships for Anoka Tech. “Local employers within industries such as automotive, healthcare, manufacturing, construction, and IT are hurting for skilled employees. We hope that this event is a way for the college to bring different age groups from a variety of backgrounds together to promote technical education opportunities that lead to in-demand careers in Minnesota.”
The car show was inspired by the large network of car enthusiasts in the Anoka County community.
“We hope the car show will be a great event to draw the community in and showcase what our school provides in the way of education,” said Dave Holmquist, Automotive program faculty member. “We also hope that this event can help forge new relationships and strengthen existing partnerships within the automotive industry.”
Information for Car Show Participants
- Free for cars to participate in show
- All car/truck years, makes, and models welcome
- Car spaces are first come, first serve
- Award categories to be announced soon, created by Automotive program students and faculty
- Chairs not provided, please bring your own
- No alcohol or burn-outs allowed
Due to changing COVID-19 circumstances, this event is subject to modifications or cancellation.
Questions? Contact Anoka Tech Enrollment Services at 763-576-7710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read More News