Accuplacer Test Schedule
Prepare for Accuplacer
Students are strongly encouraged to study before testing.
Please note: The official Classic Accuplacer Sample Test includes multiple sub-tests. At this time Anoka Technical College is not administering the Next Generation version; therefore refer to the Classic Accuplacer version for review.
At Anoka Tech, students should prepare to take the following sub-tests:
- Sentence Skills
- Reading Comprehension
Students enrolling in programs that include college-level math coursework may also take these sub-tests:
- Elementary Algebra
- College-level Mathematics
Qualifying ACT, MCA and SAT Scores
Students who demonstrate readiness to succeed in college with qualifying ACT, MCA or SAT test scores will not be required to take all or part of Accuplacer. Exemption is based on documentation of scores equal to or above
the Minnesota State
system-endorsed minimum qualifying scores noted below.
ACT Minimum Qualifying Scores
MCA Minimum Qualifying Scores
SAT Minimum Qualifying Scores
- 480 Evidence-based Reading and Writing
- 530 Mathematics
: ACT, MCA and SAT scores are valid for five (5) years, inclusive of the current calendar year.
Students who wish to utilize their ACT or SAT scores are responsible to forward an official copy to:
Anoka Technical College
ATTN: Records Office
1355 W HWY 10
Anoka MN 55303
Students can request that MCA scores be sent to Anoka Tech by (1) contacting their high school directly or (2) signing the High School Release of Information
form on the Anoka Tech Undergraduate Online Application
Placement Charts: Qualifying test scores may facilitate registration into college-level courses that have prerequisites based on correlating Accuplacer scores. Students should refer to their selected program plan for details about their program and course requirements.
Students with degrees / transfer students
Students who have completed a college-level math or English course at another college, or who hold an associate's or bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. institution of higher learning, may send an official copy of their transcript to the Records Office to be reviewed for possible waiver from all or parts of Accuplacer.
- Students who have previously attended a Minnesota State college or university - Anoka Tech can retrieve your transcript free of charge.
- Students who have attended a non-Minnesota State institution - send a transcript to Anoka Technical College, ATTN Records Office, 1355 W HWY 10, Anoka MN 55303.
Students applying for the Practical Nursing program cannot be exempted from taking ACCUPLACER based on previous coursework from other institutions.
Test from another MN STATE campus
Students have the option to take their Accuplacer from the Minnesota State institution closest to them. Follow the steps below to find the nearest campus:
- Find a Remote Testing Center.
- Email Testing Center staff at Anoka Tech to request a Remote Test Voucher. Include the location of your desired test center.
- The Remote Test Voucher will be sent to your email address. Read the voucher for important remote test site information and follow instructions to schedule the test. Print the voucher and bring it with you when you test.
Test results will be available to you immediately following your test. Contact ATC Enrollment Services for next-step advisement.
Questions? Send an email to Testing Center staff.
Test from an Out-of-State Location
Students who wish to test for Anoka Technical College from an out-of-state location may do so by locating an approved proctor from a Testing Center closer to their current location. If a proctor fee is required, students are responsible for payment.
- Send an email to Testing Center staff to request a Remote Test Voucher.
- Testing Center staff will work with you to find a campus that's a member of the Remote Testing Network.
- Staff will issue and email the Remote Test Voucher to you.
- Read the voucher for important remote test site information and follow instructions to schedule the test. Print the voucher and bring it with you when you test.
Test results will be available to you immediately following your test. Please then contact Enrollment Services staff for next-step direction.
Practice first then test immediately following Accuplacer, or during posted Accuplacer testing hours
The Basic Computer Keyboarding (BCK) test-out is a means to satisfy the prerequisite for courses that require typing proficiency for success.
Students who do not pass will need to register for ADSC 1003 Introduction to Keyboarding and Speedbuilding, a two-credit keyboarding course designed to help students develop basic keyboarding techniques.
| Net Words a Minute (NWAM)
| Resulting Course Placement
| 0-24 NWAM with less than 93% accuracy rate
| ADSC1003 Intro to Keyboarding and Speedbuilding
| 25-25+ NWAM with 93% or higher accuracy rate
| Course prerequisite has been satisfied
The test-out is routinely administered immediately following Accuplacer to students in the following programs:
- Judicial Reporting AAS
- Medical Assistant AAS
- Scoping/Proofreading CERT
Accuplacer Test Schedule
Students are strongly encouraged to practice their typing skills before sitting for the keyboarding test-out. Test before attending Orientation to facilitate the registration process.
The test-out must be taken in one sitting which includes unlimited practice tests and three timed trials. The timed trials include one test and two retests that are needed only if the first timed test is not passed. Timed trials are three minutes in duration.
Request Test Accommodations
The Disability Services office provides services for students, faculty and staff with a permanent or temporary disability.
Test accommodations are determined on an individual basis during review of documentation between the person requesting services and Julie Packer, Director of Disabilities Services and Peer Tutoring. To arrange a meeting, contact Disability Services at 763-576-4069 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments should be made well ahead of the intended test date to allow time for processing and implementation of approved accommodations.
Get Copy of Test Results
View Test Results
To view test results for all Accuplacer tests taken within the Minnesota State system: log in to eServices > Grades & Transcripts > Interactive Degree Audit Report
Send Scores to Another Institution
- Minnesota State: Accuplacer assessment data is auto-loaded to the Minnesota State system database therefore test results are already visible to other system campuses.
- All Other: Print, complete and return the Request for Accuplacer Score Report form per the instructions noted on the form. Scores are released within seven (7) working days.
Students who are not satisfied with their placements may retest only once (per test section) within twelve (12) months of the first testing date.
There is a $10 retest fee for each retest.
Students are strongly encouraged to review before retesting.
There is no waiting period prior to retesting, with the exception of students retesting to meet federal Ability to Benefit guidelines.