Policy 2.4: Graduation
- A student will earn an award (certificate, diploma, or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree) upon satisfactorily completing all requirements for graduation and complying with all applicable policies of the college.
- Students must maintain a cumulative 2.0 grade point average (GPA) to be eligible for a certificate, diploma, or AAS degree. Note that some program majors may have additional GPA and/or grading requirements for graduation.
- Students who do not meet graduation requirements will be notified by letter. Students must reapply for graduation after meeting the requirements.
- Students will graduate at the end of the term in which they complete all course requirements. However, a student may be allowed to participate in commencement if he/she desires to walk with his/her cohort but has outstanding graduation requirements of 7 credits or less and the courses are offered the following semester. The student will not receive an award until successfully completing outstanding program requirements. If more than 7 credits are left to be completed, the student will be allowed to participate in commencement after all program requirements are completed the following term.
- When the student completes all the requirements for graduation and is awarded a certificate, diploma, or AAS degree, he/she will receive an official transcript at no charge along with the award in the mail. Additional copies of official transcripts may be obtained for a fee by submitting a request through www.getmytranscript.com or to the Records Office.
- Official transcripts and awards cannot be released until all financial obligations to Anoka Technical College are met.
- Students who achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above by the last semester completed prior to graduation will be recognized as honor students at the graduation ceremony and in the graduation program. The calculation does not include the final semester grades.
- Students who achieve a cumulative Anoka Technical College GPA of 3.5 and above at the time of award completion will receive a transcript notation indicating graduation with honors. Note that this calculation includes the final semester grades, which is different than the calculation in item 7.
- Students seeking exceptions to the requirements must submit a graduation appeal to the Dean of Student Affairs.
- Anoka Technical College reserves the right to automatically post certificate, diploma and degree completion to the student academic record upon the verification that all degree requirements have been satisfied.
To receive a degree from Anoka Technical College, students must earn one third of their credits through enrollment in Anoka Technical College courses. Credit awarded through Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) internal college assessments count toward the one third requirement.
Unknown adoption date
05.2017 Removed reference to graduation fee; changed number of outstanding graduation
requirement credits from six to seven
02.2019 Added statement #2 regarding maintaining 2.0 GPA (moved from procedure to
04.2020 Clarifies gpa threshold for honors, adds honors notation on transcript, adds language on automatic posting of degrees, and specifies that CPL counts towards residency requirements.