Coming to campus? Complete your daily health assessment....

Financial Aid Eligibility

To receive financial aid, the student must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. Non-citizen who would like  eligibility status determined, should visit the Financial Aid Office. 
  • Have a valid Social Security number or for non-citizens, an A-number.
  • Be enrolled at Anoka Technical College as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program effective the term in which you wish to receive aid. The student must be a degree-seeking student in order to receive aid. 
  • Comply with the Selective Service registration requirement; males must register between the ages of 18 and 25.Male students born after Dec. 31, 1959 must have Selective Service registration.
  • Have no prior convictions for a drug offense that occurred while  receiving federal student aid. More info is available at the Federal Student Aid website.
  • Have no current default status on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal student grant.
  • Comply with the verification process. One-third of all students are selected for this process by the Department of Education. If selected, Anoka Technical College is required to verify the information reported on the student's FAFSA. If you do not provide the information needed to complete the verification process, you will not be eligible to receive aid. All notifications regarding required information will be sent to your student email address.
  • Provide information to resolve any discrepancies identified by the Department of Education, the Social Security Administration, the Department of Homeland Security or the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
  • Meet financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress standards. There are differences in these standards between the Academic Advising Office and the Financial Aid Office, so it’s important to check with both. More info is available at the Anoka Technical College Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy web page and the Minnesota State Policy 2.9 page.
  • Submit all requested academic transcripts.