Our Career Services office serves two groups:
For more information, please click on the gold bar for the group of interest below.
Job Services for Students & Alumni
- The Career Services/Job Placement Office in Room 190F (inside the Student Success Center) is staffed by an Employment Counselor on Tuesdays from 12:00 to 2:45 pm and on Thursdays from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. An Employment Counselor is available to assist students with developing resumes and cover letters, preparing for interviews, and other job search activities. To request this assistance, call 763-576-7780 or email. Appointments are preferred, but efforts will be made to accommodate walk-ins.
- Job leads, internship opportunities, and work-study openings can be found at College Central.
- Students can download resumes to this site for viewing by employers and can also access many helpful articles, videos and tips on effective job seeking. Students and alumni create an account to use the resources available on this site.
- To search for work-study (student worker) jobs, type in "SW-ATC" for company name.
- Watch TV monitors and online calendars for information about employer events/visits on the Anoka Tech campus.
- Graduate Survey
All Anoka Technical College graduates will be asked to complete a short Graduate Follow-up Survey within one year of graduation. Data is collected about employment and furthering education.
Job Services for Employers
Anoka County Career Fair Update
Anoka Technical College
1355 West Highway 10
Anoka, MN 55303
April 10, 2019
10 am - 2 pm
If space is still available, registration will then open to all other employers on January 2, 2019.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Your registration isn't final until you progress through all registration screens. Payment must be made at the time of registration, or a check must be received by Anoka Technical College no less than one month prior to the event. There will be no refunds for this event. Once your registration form has been submitted, you will receive an automatic email that includes an invoice (check your junk folder for this email if you do not see it). If you do not receive an automatic email after filling out the registration form, your registration was not properly submitted. Contact email@example.com if you have questions or issues with registering. A detailed confirmation will be emailed shortly before the event including all event instructions.
Mini Job Fair Schedule
College Central is designed for employers to inform our students and alumni about current job openings within their organization by posting that information to College Central. This is a free service to our employers.
All jobs postings go through a screening/approval process before being available for viewing by students.
Questions about College Central? Email or call Mary Allenson 763-576-4094, I would love to assist you.
All job postings are listed in College Central. Students need to be registered before attempting to utilize any tools in College Central.
To search for student worker jobs, type in Company Name "SW-ATC".
Job Services for Faculty
Classroom presentations and workshops
Faculty may request a class or club visit with a presentation focused towards the interest of the group.
Job Openings will be forwarded to Program Directors
Job leads appropriate to individual programs will be provided to instructors to disseminate to students and alumni.
Please encourage students to register and use College Central so they can see the many jobs that are posted.
Online Employment Resources
www.CollegeCentral.com/anokatech - Anoka Technical students and alumni have access to employment-seeking resources; documents, podcasts, resume and portfolio format, and JOBS. Employers register and post jobs for free!
www.MinnesotaWorks.net – The best Minnesota job board. Free for job seekers and employers to use because Minnesota Employer’s Unemployment Tax dollars support it.
www.iseek.org – Explore Careers, Plan Your Education, Find A Job, site is maintained by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
www.LinkedIn.com – Use professional social networking to stay current in your profession and develop professional contacts in your field. The mission, “Connect the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. When you join LinkedIn, you get access to people, jobs, news, updates, and insights that help you be great at what you do.”
www.gpslifeplan.org/workforce - The GPS LifePlan can help you set goals and design plans that will lead you to the success you desire.
www.mn.gov/deed – Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development website; resources for job seekers, employers, business, local government.
www.JobHuntersBible.com – Richard Bolles’ (author/job-search leader) official site for "What Color is Your Parachute?"
www.glassdoor.com - Glassdoor is your free inside look at jobs and companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions -- all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.